Thursday, October 4, 2012

Big ambitions

I love babies and kids. In a serious way. That's all I ever really wanted to do -- to have a houseful of them, be creative and love my husband forever. There are people who would be disappointed in my lack of ambition. What they don't know is that I set out to change the world. Any mother does that....she changes the world, whether she means to or not. 

I am thankful that all four of our children grew up around a boatload of cousins and friends and babies....and they always have loved babies as well. God loves children. Don't people know that? Jesus fussed at the disciples for shooing the kids away. Any time you read scriptures about the subject of children, the womb, and seed....He's got something important to say about it. God's view of children, throughout, is that they are a blessing. Today's preeminent view is that they are a curse and a burden. They are not. They are our hope and our future. 

Ken and I have always looked forward to the advent of grandchildren. Through many trials and struggles, we now have two grandbabies on the way, one due in March, one in April. We are trying to contain our excitement (well, not too hard) and trying not to be a nuisance to our children. I have a little pair of old, old, old baby overalls that were used by some of our children and my sister, Melanie's, children. I have them hanging under the window. Every time I see them, I pray for those precious little ones being nurtured in their Mamas' wombs and for their Mamas and the Papas too.  God sees those little ones being knit in there and He knows them intimately. It is beyond miraculous what He does to make a person. 

Happy days as we wait, listen to the little heartbeats chugging like freight trains, see images on a screen, pray for them again and again...and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment