Monday, January 6, 2020

Winter, Oh Winter...

I forgot about puppies. They are cute, fluffy, inquisitive, cuddly, and oh, that breath! They are also destructive, demanding and like to poop a lot. And you have to catch them before they do it on your new living room rug. Not to mention the disruption of taking him out at all hours of the night, with the miserable cold and rain... Last evening, my body decided that all the things inside it needed to be on the outside. A stomach virus, courtesy of my grandkids. I've not felt this much misery in a long time, what with the whining dog and the bellyache all at the same time. But he sure is adorable. And that's a good thing for him.

In the annals of Norton, this was a banner week. We got a puppy and a new future son-in-law. Our daughter got engaged, the last of our four children. The other three were sons, so their weddings were not as daunting. This, however, is a three-ring circus. My daughter and I are fanatics about decorating and colors and all-the-party-things. We've got five months and lots of swatches to moon over. We'll be calling in markers from all the other events we've helped with, praying that we'll marshal an army big enough to pull this off. We don't pay people to do things....we're old-school DIYers. I may be prejudiced, but our family nuptials beat those pre-made, canned ones to death. But this one may be the demise of me. I think I need to start actually showing up at that gym where they extract money from our bank every month.

2020 is here, like a newly-minted penny. Real estate is typically slow around the holidays, so I'm feeling like a bloated walrus right about now, even though I'm actually pounds lighter, due to my good diet. But vacating too much leaves me floating listlessly in my proverbial pool and it's time to get busy. My desk is suffering under piles of books, bills and mail. Maybe I'll start tackling that tomorrow, if my stomach (and the puppy) cooperate. There's a wedding this summer and spring is not entirely too far away. Hope springs eternal!

No comments:

Post a Comment