Monday, June 25, 2018

Be-Boppin' Around Town

I had the dog shaved down. She looks like a hound dog now, not an Australian Shepherd. Everybody thinks she's fat, until I get her buzzed for the summer. Ken doesn't like it. He said it's humiliating to her. I told him that we could avoid everything if he'd agree to brush her out and vacuum the rugs once a day, once it gets bleeping hot and she starts shedding. That's when he disappeared into the barn and I assumed he meant for me to take her to town.

What do I mean, town? We're right here in town! For decades, we lived in the country and I had to plan all my trips. Now I buzz in and out of here at the drop of a hat, everything within five minutes of our driveway. It's a really nice thing, something I try not to take for granted. But it might just be a problem, since the Trading Post, Gabe's and the Dairy Whup are constantly calling my name. And then there's Mandy's Grocery, kind-of like a Big Lots on steroids. Not because there's more stuff, but because they actually discount everything. It seems like every town has one of those. There's Lee's Discount in Douglasville, a similar establishment. It was right around the corner from our house out in the sticks. I seriously contemplated not moving because I knew I'd miss them so much. Once in a blue moon, I still drop in to see if anything's changed. Nope. You can get an old-school videotape, diapers, makeup, greeting cards, presents for everybody for the next year and then jump in the tanning bed while you're there. It puts a new spin on the phrase "one-stop-shopping." 

When we moved further west a few years back, I had a relative who questioned why we wanted to live "around all those rednecks." He obviously don't even know me. 

I love Villa Rica.

No comments:

Post a Comment