Sunday, February 25, 2018

I Think Aristotle Got It Wrong

I wish I could figure out how to even want to be moderate. Moderation and minimalist are not words that describe my life. When I make spaghetti, why would I do just a little? Make a lot, then you can eat it all week (if you pause to wrap it up tight, which I rarely do). Buy in bulk. Get the super size. Go to Sam's Club and purchase the whole flat. This is the way I have shopped, cooked, painted and fixed pretty much everything. Even my kids are colossal. Our boys are 6'6", 6'5", 6'4" and our daughter is 5'10". They came here in jumbo packages ranging from 10-1/2 to over 11 pounds. I think pennies are useless and chocolate comes by the crate. 

This turns out to be a problem.

Living life from one extreme to the other can get pretty tiring. Think of big cats, how they lounge their lives away, until they pounce. Then it's on. This is my nature. I'm naturally lazy, so in order to not lollygag my existence away, I add another project, another business venture, another visit with somebody...until all I'm doing is pouncing and recovering from pouncing. This is not good. My hips are protesting and the blood sugar is rising, but heaven help if I'm gonna step foot into the gym (even though it automatically drafts my bank account every month). I run into that beautiful yoga lady all over town, with her kind, loving heart....and she invites me back to class. I'm afraid to tell her that my toenails get ingrown every time I try to put 5,000 pounds of pressure on them, much less explain the bit about planking and my belly button (don't ask). But I know, I know. I need to go back. I am pretty sure that under all this outerwear I've got going on, I'm actually skinny. Now if I could just feed the skinny one and not the other girl, she might come out and play. 

If I could think in terms of ounces, not gallons...inches, not feet...pennies, not dollars. A small cup, a tiny spoon, a miniature plate. A little here, a little there. The turtle, not the hare. This is not likely to happen, from my extensive experience with reality. If it does, I'll let ya'll know and then retire with sales from my self-help book. 






No comments:

Post a Comment