Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Guilt on Planet Venus

There's really so many things I should be doing....

- eating organic
- selling essential oils instead of just buying them
- populating my Etsy shop with all the stuff lying around in my studio
- shopping and then re-selling things on Ebay
- getting rid of all the junk in our garage on Ebay
- painting my garage
- exercising every morning, at the gym I'm paying through the nose for...
- contributing to people in all sorts of downtrodden places
- writing a book
- taking a lot more supplements
- doing Kegels
- getting a regular job where I'm chained to a desk and get a regular paycheck (well, maybe not. We don't need more shoot-outs or postal episodes)
- doing all the Dave Ramsey stuff that I promised myself I would do
- growing a garden
- finishing the two commissions I have in my studio
- wearing earth shoes
- doing yoga. But hey, when I do that plank thing, my stomach's touching the ground, so....
- typing standing up (not sitting. I'm not joking. This is a big movement now. Somewhere. On some other planet.)
- worming my cats
- taking my dog on play dates (seriously?!)
- practicing my flute 2 hours a day
- joining the Symphony and the High Museum
- juicing
- cooking, for heaven's sake
- cleaning the house, instead of taking naps when I get the chance
- doing something miraculous for my grandchildren
- not ever eating sugar again
- etc.

So here's the thing. I really believe there are enough hours in the day. There's just not enough juice in the engine. So if something wonderful or productive or even close to that happens, something else gets neglected. So if I sell something, there's no gas to make supper. If I clean the house, nothing gets sold. If I start painting, heaven forbid, all hell breaks loose. And at this age and at this stage, I have to be honest -- I got nothing. No answers. No miracles. No promises. It's all like a production mired in molasses, where you're gonna get maybe one little fireworks show a day. After that, you might as well forget it or hope for an anomaly. All I've got to say is, thank the Lord we're getting something done and we're still breathin'. It could be a whole lot worse.


3 comments:

  1. Sounds like my mom's coulda-woulda-shoulda. I shake those off as soon as she unconsciously floats them on me. Don't let all that pile on you, girl. We weren't made for that. As a clergy spouse, I have always expressed that conundrum this way: I can have a clean house or I can plan and implement the fun stuff that helps church people learn. I can't do both, and any church lady who thinks I can dudn't know nothin'. Be at peace sister, heaven will clean itself, and naps matter.

    ReplyDelete