Sunday, August 26, 2018

Crowded Up and Still Spinning

I have a long list of obligations that have stacked up over time. They are taking up some serious space in the back of my brain. I've been chipping away at one of them these last two weeks, but it's really only a 1-day job. That tells me that I must be living highly-interrupted days. Either way, Lord willing, I'm finishing up that thing tomorrow morning and getting on with the rest of my life. My husband's brother and his wife are coming for a visit Wednesday so I've gotta get crackin' with that messy porch I keep whining about too. It's been twenty years since they've visited. Company is always the best excuse for getting my house in order. Sometimes I plan big parties, just so we'll get the furniture dusted. It's really a dumb idea, because the house is a terrible mess after everybody leaves anyway. But I did get my 118-year-old ceiling fixed last year when we planned for the whole family to come for Thanksgiving. So there's that.

I think we've been in some kind of summer-solstice-ending celebration for a week now, having eaten out every day with different people. I need to fast until Thanksgiving to get this mess off of me. Daddy's birthday dinner is tomorrow, company on Wednesday, then two closings (with inevitable celebrations) at the end of the week. Just roll me on over to the other side. I have a feeling that neither Tums or my new fancy wedge pillow are going to help with the heartburn. I'm planning on seeing all eight of our grandchildren (and of course their parents) in the next few days, so there's nothing that can top that. But somewhere in there, I have to find time to work, the moon will rise, the sun will set and the New York Stock Exchange will keep on humming. Just imagine.


No comments:

Post a Comment